Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sneezing Bugs

When I was little one of my favorite books was "Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Chooo"

You may not believe it, but here's how it happened.
One fine summer morning...a little bug sneezed.
because of that sneeze a little seed dropped.
Because that seed dropped, a worm got hit. Because he got hit, that worm got mad.
Because he got mad...he kicked a tree.
Because of that kick, a coconut dropped.

Ha! I can't believe I remembered all of that. You'll have to read it to see what happens next but let me assure you...that little sneeze leads to quite a mess.

Last Monday a chain of events occurred that resulted in a brand new look to our downstairs! It reminded me of my favorite childhood book.
Zoee dumped out a whole basket of laundry.
I cheerfully cleaned up the mess.
While I was cleaning the clothes...I noticed how dirty the baseboards were.
So I cleaned the baseboards in our room and on into the hallway.
While I was in the hallway...I noticed how dirty the walls were.
I tried to clean them with a damp cloth then with a magic eraser, which magically took the paint off the wall!
Soooo.........
The next day I painted.
and the next
and the next!
By Friday I was finished painting the kitchen, the mudroom/study and the hallway and I hated it. I was so mad that I so impulsively ran to the paint store grabbed a color and painted half of the downstairs!
Luckily my mom was home and came to the rescue. She pulled out all the old hidden pictures I had in the attic and under beds and turned it into something I loved. I asked her if I could take credit for it. She said yes...of course. But it looked too good for me to take the credit.
Now that it's all over...I say yeah for spilt laundry!

And that's how it happened. Believe me it's true. Because...
just because...a small bug
went Ka-CHOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment