Friday, June 17, 2011

Hampster Wheels

I started this blog to write about My daily struggle with anxiety disorder. I have yet to admit that I have anxiety though. I write about all the things my kids are up to...and as much as I enjoy that...it is only a distraction from the things that are really spinning around on that hamster wheel in my head.
As much as I appreciate openness and transparency...it is so hard to bring myself to admit that I struggle  (sometimes daily).
So here goes...
I have panic disorder!!!!
I have a knot in my stomach just thinking about clicking publish. Maybe I won't!

I didn't hit publish the other night but I think I might tonight.
I have learned a lot during this time in the valley. I can appreciate the mountain tops so much more. It's hard to think that Gods will for our lives involves a great deal of struggling but I know that these are the times that I am depending on Him the most and He is refining my character.

I am currently taking medication for the anxiety. I started on 50mg of Zoloft and .25mg of Xanax every morning. Now I am on 100mg of Zoloft and am no longer taking the Xanax. PROGRESS!!!!! I feel like after 2 years of therapy and now 6 months of medication things are getting better...much better! I drove on the interstate for the first time in 2.5 years last week. It was great although, I felt like I had to learn how to drive all over again. I have been to Target too many times (I always spend too much) and go to the grocery store about 2x per week.




I still have a hard time at Kroger and Walmart but I do feel like I can lead a normal somewhat normal life. I am enjoying my kids alot and have even completed a few projects at home.
I have to thank my wonderful friends (both real life and bloggy), my sweet husband...who read every anxiety book without my knowledge and went to therapy with me and my family for loving me no matter what.


I'll write more later. the pictures are just some random recent shots of the kids.

3 comments:

  1. You are an awesome, brave lady! I'm so proud of you for posting this & also for the highway progress - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley...

    I know that it was hard to write that. I, too, have troubles doing that. Actually, I don't really talk about it at all on my blog, kinda wish I could.

    I think you are a very strong woman, and you have given me inspiration through our conversations. We share our faith in the Lord and we know that if we rely on Him we can do ANYTHING!

    I try to remind myself to not sweat the small stuff...just that little piece of advice always helps :)

    Please post and share more with us on this, it IS comforting and helpful to hear how you get through!!

    Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Ashley, I know that was probably hard for you to do. But You made it thtough and are one step closer to acheiving what you want! Way to Go, girl! You never know who you might inspire next to make a step closer to their goal! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete