Thursday, September 2, 2010

You give me fever...

104 to be exact! Most of you know I'm a bit (OK a lot) of a hypochondriac. I especially don't like for my kids to be sick and if they are going to be sick please don't have a fever!!! I start pulling out the Motrin and Tylenol at 99 degrees. Fevers scare me! Well yesterday I found myself with a very sick Jasper. He felt so bad and I could not get his fever to go down at all. It made me think about how the Lord is so faithful to allow us to be in scary situations in order for our minds to be made knew. I know that the scary "my child's about to burst into flames" thoughts are not from God. Thank goodness that's NOT how He works or reveals Himself to us. So I concentrated on things that were true. Yes, Jasper had a high fever but other than being cranky he was fine. My kids have had fevers for as long as they have been around and none of their fevers have ever turned out to be meningitis or the swine flu. So as I sat (fully clothed) in cool tub with my hysterical Jasper I was peaceful. The cool tub plus some Motrin finally helped. He is much better today.
On a lighter note...since I was busy with Jasper yesterday
Tripp took on the cooking and Zoee tackled some housework.
(Tripp told me that chefs only wore aprons)

(notice Zoee's shoes)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, what a temp! I hope he's doing better by now. I loved your post, thank you for the reminders of how faithful our Lord is. Looks like you had fun with friends too, so glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Phillips (Mom)September 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM

    It is always amazing to me when God gives me Peace in the Storm by reminding me of previous storms that He brought me through...Standing Strong! He always used, and still uses you, Annie and your families as a motivation for Love, Faith, and so much Joy! I Love You Ashley....just as much as you love your sweet babies...with a heaping dose of Respect on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen Phillips (Mom)September 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM

    You remember that movie..."My Left Foot"? Zoee is "My Left Shoe"! She always has a shoe on her left foot! Tripp is a hoot in the apron! Iron Chef in training! Tell him he will have to wear something under the apron when he makes it to the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley,

    What a lovely blog you have here - way to go! I'm sorry to hear your little one was sick and hope everyone is feeling better this weekend. You have gorgeous children! Did you know, we have a Zoe at our house, too - isn't that funny?

    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete