Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I drank a cup of coffee to get rid of a headache at 8pm tonight. It worked but now sleep is no where to be found.
Today was "doctor day." D-Day is about the only time I have horrible anxiety these days. It's not the doctor that bothers me...it's the blood pressure cuff. There I said it. I am terrified to have have my blood pressure taken. I am not quite sure when this developed. I had mildly elevated BP during my last pregnancy. The nurses were not very nice about it...saying things like, Whats wrong with you or you have got to relax. Telling someone that they have to relax basically ensures that they wont. In fact it makes me more tense.


I have nightmares about nurses coming in to take my blood pressure. In most of the dreams it is so high that they won't let me leave to get back to my kids. This phobia really seems to be working against me with the whole doctor thing. Because of all the medication I am taking to try and elevated my raging anxiety...I have to go to the doctor every 2-3 weeks and when I see that nurse coming with the BP cuff I panic. I am lucky to go to a practice that is very understanding of severe anxiety and has agreed to take my BP at the end of the visit and only every other time. I had it taken today so next time I don't have to. I love my Dr. He is so understanding of all me issues and has been a God Send!

Summer is coming to an end quickly. I have enjoyed almost every minute of it. So have the kids. We didn't do a stitch a school work. We played and played and played. It was Tripp's first summer and he used every minute to create something or rome around outside with friends. Everyday is summer for Jasper and Zoee. Tripp goes to meet his teacher next week. He is excited and nervous. This will be the first time Tripp will go to school for a full day. I think he will like it. The question is...will I like it? It is so hard to send Tripp out into this world. I want to protect  him from all the hurt, the bullies, and the mistakes that are waiting for him. Of coarse...if I think about it...it's the mistakes and the lessons learned that make us who we are.

This was such a fun and messy craft. We put shaving cream all over their trays and then added a few drops of food coloring gel. They swirled it around for about 30 minutes and then we pressed some heavy card stock on top. The result was a beautiful swirled picture, a clean table (once we got all the shaving cream up) and a shower.







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment