Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween

In the weeks leading up to Halloween I think I said this a thousand times..."I hate Halloween!"  I guess you could have called me a scrooge or a Halloween Grinch. Well, I would like to take back all the negative things I said about this holiday.
Halloween was a blast!!
We started asking the kids what they might want to be for Halloween sometime in September. The replies were interesting.
Tripp wanted to be a spider monkey.
Jasper wanted to dress up as their best friend Sam Harwell,
and Zoee...well she had her heart set on being The Grinch.
Bill and I were not at all surprised by this revelation. She has a very interesting personality.
I did, however, think that by the time Halloween actually rolled around she would have changed her mind and gone with a more traditional costume. I was reassured daily that The Grinch is who she was going to go as. She asked me almost everyday if her Grinch costume was ready. I could not even begin to fathom how to make or where to find a Grinch costume.

Two weeks out from Halloween we had a plan. Womens green fuzzy knee socks on her arms and legs; a green fuzzy pillowcase with arm holes and a neck hole cut out; white, fuzzy slippers spray painted green and a green furry hair clip for her hair. Add a big red tutu from her closet and our little Grinch was born. Jasper looked at her and said, "she looks like The Grinch that Stole Candy." I thought that was a perfect and clever name for what/who we had created.

One trip to the Halloween store with daddy and the boys quickly changed their minds about who they wanted to be. I thought they look so cute and brave in their costumes.

We hosted a Halloween get together at our house with some friends and family. It was so much fun!!!!

I didn't get to go trick or treat with the boys. We all set out as a huge group but got separated by the boys speed and Zoees lack of. She took her time and twirled around in her costume down every sidewalk. She lingered on every porch to listen to people compliment her on her costume and if there was a door cracked just a little bit she didn't hesitate to walk right in and yell, "TRICK-OR-TREEEAAAAT!!!"
She was a hoot to watch. Her favorite thing to say as she danced away from each house was, "Mom, I totally got 2 pieces of candy."
I think it was her favorite holiday so far and I have to admit it was more fun than I expected. So I am a reformed Halloween Hater!

We even made her a little "Max" to carry around with her so that people might have a better chance at quessing who she was.







My friends Stacy, Meagan and I
My good friend Carrie

Bill and I


Zoee led the pack
Zoee and Jane at a very spooky house

Zoee and Jane standing by our candy bucket.
Tripp set up everything for the trick-or-treaters. He painted a picture of a haunted house and made a sign that said, "Pick two." He even drug a table off the porch to make a candy station for all the kids.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did on Halloween!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment